* Ozzy releases his first record with Black Sabbath in 1970 (released Friday, February 13th). The self-titled record goes platinum that same year in the U.K. and U.S. * Black Sabbath has sold over 50 million...
* Ozzy releases his first record with Black Sabbath in 1970 (released Friday, February 13th). The self-titled record goes platinum that same year in the U.K. and U.S. * Black Sabbath has sold over 50 million records (to date) worldwide. * Black Sabbath embarks on several world tours and performs to legions of fans around the globe. * Ozzy leaves Black Sabbath and goes solo in 1979.
* Ozzy releases his first solo record Blizzard Of Ozz in 1980. The record quickly goes 4x Platinum. * Ozzy releases seven records throughout the decade. Each one sells well over two million copies. * Ozzy performs at the US Festival in 1983 in front of 250,000 fans. * Ozzy performs at Live Aid in 1985, the legendary benefit concert for world hunger. * Ozzy performs at the Moscow Peace Festival in 1989. This was the first major rock concert in the Soviet Republic by Western artists.
* Ozzy releases five records this decade. Each record goes multi-platinum. * Ozzy has performed to millions of fans around the world. His live concerts are guaranteed sell-outs. * Ozzy wins a Grammy Award in 1993 for Best Metal Performance for "I Don't Want To Change the World." * Ozzy and his wife/manager Sharon launch OZZfest in 1996, the first national music festival of its kind dedicated to hard rock music and breaking new artists. * Ozzy donates a portion of the OZZfest proceeds to various charities across the country including Lifebeat.
THE NEW MILLENIUM:
* Ozzy wins a Grammy for Best Metal Performance in 2000 as a part of Black Sabbath for "Iron Man." * Ozzy (with Black Sabbath) headlines OZZfest 2001. Over 1 million-plus fans attended 32 sold-out dates. * Ozzy has released 13 albums during his 20-year career with Epic Records. * Ozzy receives a Star on the world-famous Hollywood Walk of Fame, April 12, 2002. * The Osbournes debuts on MTV to a record-breaking audience for a new program. Further episodes create a national sensation around the Osbourne family and ratings skyrocket to become the highest-ever in MTV's 22 year history. The Osbournesis still the highest rated series in MTV's history. * Ozzy dines with President Bush at the Washington Correspondents Association Dinner in May 2002. * Ozzy performs the Black Sabbath classic "Paranoid" for Queen Elizabeth's 50th Jubilee celebration at Buckingham Palace in June 2002 * Ozzy & Kelly hit #1 on the UK singles charts with their remake of the Black Sabbath classic "Changes." The single sold over 1 million copies. * Ozzy and Sharon debut another MTV success with their Battle For Ozzfest weekly series (2004). * Ozzy's gold-certified Prince Of Darkness box set was released in March 2005 on Epic Records. * Ozzy releases the DualDisc Under Cover in late 2005. * Ozzy inducted as a member of Black Sabbath into the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March 2006. * Ozzy releases Black Rain -- his first album with new studio material in six years in May 2007.
|Date & Time||Location||Actions|
Monday Nov 2, 2020